These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read the terms in full before you use this Website. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept these terms. We do occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future.
1. SITE ACCESS
1.1 You will be able to access the majority of this Website without having to register any details with us. However, you will not be able to complete a trade without first registering.
2. USE OF WEBSITE
2.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
2.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
3. SITE UPTIME
3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
3.2 This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4. VISITOR CONDUCT
4.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material: a. for which you have not obtained all necessary consents; b. that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom; c. which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
4.3 During the course of your experience with us, you might at some point have to interact with us, through one of our professional and well trained Customer Excellence Advisors either through call, email or chat. You can be assured of our best efforts to resolve your queries. However, please note that any form of communication which is aggressive, abusive or threatening and is directed towards any of our colleagues, will not be tolerated. Should such behaviour occur, we reserve the right to refuse to serve you especially if efforts to amicably resolve the issue fail. We also do not rule out seeking the assistance of concerned authorities where required.
4.4 [We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.]
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
5.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
5.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions: a. you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us; b. you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us; c. you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and d. your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
5.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
6.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
6.2 The material at this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
7. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
7.1 Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
7.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
8. GOVERNING JURISDICTION
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
- We only accept trades from the UK.
- A Barcode entered must be the barcode on the item itself.
- Books must be in Good condition, free from damp, tearing, or excessive notes or writing.
- Any books which originally included CDs, or DVDs or other accessories MUST include these extras otherwise they will be rejected upon receipt.
- All disc media must have the original cases, packaging and inserts and these must be in good condition.
- Any disc media may have light scratches, but NOT have any deep scratches, cracks or dents in them.
- All disc media must be original material and under no circumstances will we accept copied or pirated items. We will take further action if we believe we have been knowingly sent copied or pirated items.
General trading conditions
The following conditions apply to trading your items with us:
- You must be based in the United Kingdom to trade with us.
- You are at least 18 years of age. If you are younger than 18 years of age you must have the consent of your parent or guardian to sell your items to us.
- We will only make payment for your items subject to them satisfying the quality requirements documented above.
- You must be either the owner of the items submitted, or be acting as a permitted agent of the owner of the items.
- If items are rejected due to not satisfying our quality guidelines above, we are unable to return them under any circumstances, and will recycle them. Rejected and/or missing items will be specified in your Account.
- Once items have been dispatched to our warehouse you will be unable to cancel the transaction.
- Sellitback.com is intended to be used by private individuals selling their personal collections of goods. Sellitback.com is NOT intended for, nor has it been developed for use by businesses, organisations, cooperatives or traders (whether sole, market or otherwise) who wish to sell single or multiple copies of the same CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Game or tech and/or electronic product(s). Businesses, charities, schools or other organisations should contact Sellitback.com's enquiries team for alternative schemes by emailing email@example.com. Any use of Sellitback.com by businesses, organisations, cooperatives or traders (whether sole, market or otherwise) or customers suspected to be selling items not from a personal collection, that are not authorised in writing by Sellitback.com may result in these accounts being blocked/barred and any goods received shall be recycled as seen fit by SellitBack.com without right of return by the customer. On occasion (determined solely at the discretion of Sellitback.com), a return of goods may be offered in return for an administration charge. By using Sellitback.com you agree in full and without question to indemnify Sellitback.com against any loss, loss of profits, damage or liability whatsoever and howsoever arising from a breach of these Terms and Conditions. A business, organisation, co-operative, trader (whether sole, market or otherwise) or any other commercial or collective entity will be defined as such solely at the discretion of Sellitback.com; and by processing your order, you are confirming that you are selling your items as an individual and not as part of any business/commercial activity.
- Only one account is permitted per customer. We reserve the right to block/bar any/all accounts linked to a customer who we believe is responsible for holding multiple accounts with Sellitback.com. We also reserve the right to cancel/refuse any pending payments and revoke any offers of payment previously made to the accounts in question. Any goods that are received by Sellitback.com from one of multiple accounts held by the same customer may be automatically rejected and recycled without warning being given to any additional parties.
- We reserve the right to reject repeat transactions made by the same customer which contain some/all of the same items that have been traded in previous transactions. These may be rejected and recycled without warning upon arrival at our premises. Customers agree to send no more than a single copy of an item in the history of the entire transactions they may have made with us. Multiple copies over and above this limit will be recycled by Sellitback.com without right of return or payment to the customer.
Prices offered on our website are subject to change at any time without notice.
When your order has been placed, the prices quoted are guaranteed for 7 days from the 'Order Approved' date. If your product (s) is/are received after 7 days from the 'Order Approved' date, the up-dated, current prices will apply. If you have not checked out your basket after 7 days your basket will expire and the contents of it emptied.
Posting, delivery and payment
Order(s)/shipment(s) may take between 5-7 working days to reach our warehouse depending on your location.
Once your order(s)/shipment(s) reach us, our goal is to process them within 2-3 working days. During this process, we check each item for quality to ensure they are in-line with our quality guidelines as stated on our website.
It will be in your interest to not send us any items that do not comply with our quality norms as it may lead to delayed or reduced payments or in the rare instance, no payment at all. Please note that if you are sending us an unusually high number of books, we will hold your order(s)/shipment(s), to quality check each item to ensure compliance with not just our quality guidelines, but also our policy concerning who might and might not use our website. If we do have reason to believe you are in breach of policy, we will contact you to discuss your order(s)/shipment(s). This again, will lead to delays or non-payments in-line with our policies. However, we are happy to talk to you at any point in your selling journey so that we can avoid confusion, you know the options at your disposal and your overall experience with us, is more than satisfactory.
All orders are processed and payments made within 14-working days of you dropping-off your complete order at the nearest Collect+ point. We aim to keep you updated at every relevant stage of the process via email, and additionally you can log into your account to view status updates. Should at any point need to speak with us, you can do so and we will do our best to assist you with your query.
We recommend that customers obtain a Proof of Postage when sending items as this assist in any potential claims for packages going missing in the post.
Parcels must be securely boxed, with either no void, or suitable void fill to protect their contents. Packages must also weigh less than 10kg. This roughly equates to 30 books, or 100 CDs, DVDs or games.
The maximum parcel size is 50cm x 30cm x 30cm. The maximum weight for any one parcel is 10kg. Any parcels that are either larger or heavier than these maximums may be rejected at the drop-off point.
We recommend you use as few parcels as possible, as this will speed up the time it takes to receive and process your items at our warehouse, and ensure you get your payment as quickly as possible. All valuations include VAT (or other applicable tax) at the prevailing rate.
Using the service
Sellitback.com is a service that has been created to serve the needs of the general public and not for individuals or businesses who would like to sell multiple copies of the same item. We have a limit of one copy of a given item per customer.
Only one account is permitted per customer/address.
Any businesses, schools or charities who wish to offer us items in bulk please contact us directly. In no event shall Sellitback.com’s liability, either jointly or severally, exceed £100. Sellitback.com however does not limit its liability for death and personal injury resulting from its negligence.
The user agrees to indemnify and hold Sellitback.com, its affiliates, officers, and employees harmless from any claim, demand, expense, or damage, (including reasonable legal fees) relating to your breach of these Trade Conditions and your posting of any material on this site.
Furthermore, any customer who sends us Media items (Books, CDs, DVDs or Games) expressly agrees that they have not knowingly sent us copied or pirated media or other illegal versions of media. They also must warrant that they have not made any such copies themselves. Such customers must fully agree to indemnify Sellitback.com against any potential action that may or may not result from selling such items to Sellitback.com. These actions may relate to intellectual property rights, artists rights and copyright generally pertaining to entertainment products sent by Sellitback.com customers to Sellitback.com’s warehouse.